Dyslexia is a learning difficulty that can affect spelling, writing and reading. It’s a specific learning difficulty meaning that it can cause problems with certain abilities used for learning. These can include problems with short term memory, sequencing and organisation
What is Dyslexia?
Services offered by Dyslexia North East:
- Information, guidance and support about dyslexia and related conditions such as autism, ADHD and Dyspraxia
- Enquiries can be made by phone, email, facebook, website or individual consultations with trained personnel.
- Sign posting to other Organisations as appropriate.
- Quarterly Newsletters are produced with news about Events, Activities and Stories that dyslexics themselves want to write about.
- Dyslexia Screening, Assessment and Learning Support are available for children and adults.
- Educational Events Workshops and Conferences are arranged throughout the year in term time. Expert speakers are invited to help raise awareness about dyslexia and the impact it has on the lives of adults and children.
- Cogmed Memory and Indirect Dyslexia Learning courses can be arranged on request.
- Parent and Child activities are only offered on line at the moment.
- Resource Lending Library
- Drop-In Sessions for Adults are available if requested.
- Information days ( Not available at present due to Covid19 )