- Would you like to find out more about Dyslexia?
- Does your workplace recognise the benefits of Dyslexia?
- Does your work team know how to support dyslexic colleagues?
We offer a range of workshops for colleges, community groups, workplaces and businesses, parents and carers, – all suited to your needs and timescales.
Dyslexia North East are happy to provide bespoke workshops and further training for your organisation. We have a team of Dyslexia specialists with a huge range of knowledge, please get in touch to discuss your needs. Our workshops are delivered by knowledgeable and approachable trained professionals.
Our workshops are bespoke to your needs and can cover a selection of topics:
- What is Dyslexia
- What causes Dyslexia
- How to recognise Dyslexia
- The problems Dyslexia can cause
- Dyslexia and the workplace
- Discrimination laws
- Coping mechanisms and strategies to help adults and children
- How Dyslexia North East can help you
- Visual stress
- How to support your Dyslexic child
- Advocacy for your child
Benefits of holding a workshop:
- Understand what type of help is available and where to get it.
- Become an advocate for Dyslexia and help raise awareness.
- Have an awareness of how to identify dyslexia in order to put in reasonable adjustments and increase productivity.
- Develop a culture of ‘It’s ok to be dyslexic’, fostering a supportive working environment.
- Gain an understanding of how to support dyslexic children and colleagues.
- Certificate of attendance if required for CPD
- A Dyslexia Pledge certificate for the organisation showing that you recognise the importance and benefits that dyslexia can bring.
Distributed in partnership with ‘Made by Dyslexia’.
Cost – Suggested donation £135 for a 2 hour Workshop, including handouts